Multiple File uploading!

Post any suggestions or ideas for Steam Game Covers here.
Viper_Bravo

Multiple File uploading!

Post by Viper_Bravo »

I'm wondering if it might be possible to add a page to the upload section that might allow one to upload multiple files at once. Say a DVD Case, Game Disc, CD Front, And CD Back. I ask, because i tend to do a full set, DVD Cover Disc art CD........., for each game i do, and uploading a single file at a time is painfully slow when i have Multiple Games to upload. This would also be useful for uploading Disc art that has multiple Discs.

What im thinking is a page were you still Identify the game your uploading for then there is a Multiple File upload slots, each with there own Description, Case type, and Location. So, whats your thoughts on it?

Viper_Bravo
"In the end, There can be ONLY ONE!" Highlander
Arithen
SGC Admin

Re: Multiple File uploading!

Post by Arithen »

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, our web host only allows a certain amount of time before a page times out from taking too long to process. Having multiple uploads on the same page would most likely reach this limit.
Viper_Bravo

Post by Viper_Bravo »

Might i ask what the time out time is? Even being able to upload two items at a time would be nice.
Arithen
SGC Admin

Post by Arithen »

5 minutes. It really depends on users' connection speeds. People with slower connections might be able to only upload one DVD case cover in that time. We'll look into our options for multiple uploads, but in meantime, you could try opening the submit page in multiple tabs/windows, fill out the forms, and click the upload button for each.
Viper_Bravo

Post by Viper_Bravo »

Thanks for looking in to it! Maybe have a multi upload page with a warning: "FOR HIGH SPEED CONNECTION ONLY!!!!" LOL