Games with wrong Steam-URL

Post any suggestions or ideas for Steam Game Covers here.
calculon559

Re: Games with wrong Steam-URL

Post by calculon559 »

Most of those are games that were removed after the covers were put up, or the url has been changed, or the bundle has changed due to games being combined and reissued, so that's understandable that those urls don't work.

However, at least one bundle works just fine e.g. Wolfenstein 2-Pack bundle, so that might be region-based on your end, domidodo.
domidodo

Post by domidodo »

calculon559 wrote:Most of those are games that were removed after the covers were put up, or the url has been changed, or the bundle has changed due to games being combined and reissued, so that's understandable that those urls don't work.
I'm sure they were right in the past. But now, they aren't. :D
You could remove the link from the database.
And if the link == "" then, just remove the Steam button. And / or add a warning beeper. Then it does not look like a mistake.
(If you do it: Please do not make the button only invisible :) )

calculon559 wrote: However, at least one bundle works just fine e.g. Wolfenstein 2-Pack bundle, so that might be region-based on your end, domidodo.
Yes, that's more than possible.
Germany has its problems with Wolfenstein.
Even if I find the cut version ridiculous. Why am I not allowed to shoot on Natzis? Does the state think that I will sypartize with them if I shoot at them? If this danger exists, why should the people not be able to sypartize with them through a new name of the enemies?
Just stupid.... And also another topic :lol:
(Once again to be sure: I am mean cut games in general, Wolfenstein is just an example)
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

@calculon559 is correct - a lot of these older games were added to the database then later changed/removed by Steam. I need to go through them manually and update them. To be honest, it's not really a priority and it doesn't affect your experience on Steam Game Covers. Thanks for keeping a list. I'll go through them and update them eventually.

:ugeek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/