PSX style template

Post any suggestions or ideas for Steam Game Covers here.
calculon559

PSX style template

Post by calculon559 »

Was wondering if anyone was interested in a Playstation 1-style jewel case template, either U.S. and/or Euro-style. While I think it would be a neat idea for the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, I don't really see any other use for it besides I think N2O: Nitrous Oxide, which is literally a PS1 game running on an emulator. Of course, there may be people who would like this style of cover for aesthetic reasons, i don't know.

For reference, here's the style/s it would be based off of:
darthtron64

Re: PSX style template

Post by darthtron64 »

YES, I would love a PSX/PS1 style Steam cover template! If you do make one I would love to see the template done for the following three case types: Jewel, DVD, and BD! Please & Thank You!!
calculon559

Post by calculon559 »

So here's a rough prototype I've whipped up. As you can see, I've moved the Steam logo to the centre of the bar; left alignment didn't look right with the bar on the side. What do you guys think?

PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

In my opinion, I think this would only look good on a jewel case and for this game only. Maybe you can try this:

1. Move the ESRB label to the bottom of the blue bar.
2. Make the STEAM word larger and place it above the ESRB logo.
3. Place the Steam logo above the STEAM word and add something like NTSC/PAL (or even PC-CD) underneath it.

That will mimic the look of the PS1 case much better.

8-)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
darthtron64

Post by darthtron64 »

calculon559 wrote:So here's a rough prototype I've whipped up. As you can see, I've moved the Steam logo to the centre of the bar; left alignment didn't look right with the bar on the side. What do you guys think?

I have a few suggestions:
A) In my opinion the word STEAM should be larger and should be done/written in the/a font in the style of the word PlayStation, from the covers posted or a different PlayStation family style font! (Maybe as an alternate/additional version of the cover)
B) The ESRB rating logo should be at the bottom underneath the word steam!
C) The spot/place where the ESRB logo currently resides, the Activision, publisher/company, logo should be placed there!
D) The "Vicarious Visions" and/or "Iron Galaxy", developer/company logo(s) should be on the right bottom of the cover, where the Activision logo currently resides!
calculon559

Post by calculon559 »

Well, since both both of you were after something more literal, and PieMonster's probs not gonna add it as a new template, I'll go ahead and full on ape the PS1 cover for this one game and link it here. I'll do ESRB for now; if anyone wants PEGI or ACB, just let me know in this thread.

Edit: Okay, done: https://mega.nz/#!5ZARwYDD!UQ1MTcepbaLX ... dxUCZlMiS0
darthtron64

Post by darthtron64 »

calculon559 wrote:Well, since both both of you were after something more literal, and PieMonster's probs not gonna add it as a new template, I'll go ahead and full on ape the PS1 cover for this one game and link it here. I'll do ESRB for now; if anyone wants PEGI or ACB, just let me know in this thread.

Edit: Okay, done: https://mega.nz/#!5ZARwYDD!UQ1MTcepbaLX ... dxUCZlMiS0
calculon559 wrote:So here's a rough prototype I've whipped up. As you can see, I've moved the Steam logo to the centre of the bar; left alignment didn't look right with the bar on the side. What do you guys think?

Thank you for the more "literal" cover, I love it!!!

I thank you should continue to develop your previous "rough prototype", original, cover as an alternative/additional version of the cover (design) you had in mind!!!

Thanks!!!