Custom Templates Usable?

General discussion related to Steam Game Covers.
squall234

Custom Templates Usable?

Post by squall234 »

Hello Everyone,

I'm new and just migrated from VGBoxArt and wanted to post my ambitious project of creating a cover for my entire steam collection here; being in the works since July.

However, when doing so, I was told I couldn't post custom templates and had to use the ones from the site. I'm okay with this and took down the covers but was later informed by someone else that custom templates are okay to be used and nowhere on the rules state we can't do this.

So my question is are custom templates okay to post on this site? I don't mind if they aren't, I'm just new and confused.
If someone wants to verify the template, here it is;

Thank you for your time :)
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Re: Custom Templates Usable?

Post by PieMonster »

Hey @squall234, great to have you here! There are so many talented VGBox Art guys and gals and I love it when you post your covers here too!

So, regarding the templates, our goal here is to create a uniform/professional look with our covers. You can go to our templates page and download a number of different templates from which to create your covers. If you don't want to use any of our current templates you can create your own and submit it to me - piemonster@steamgamecovers.com -. I'll evaluate it, and if approved, it will be added to the template page. unfortunately, you cannot submit a cover using a custom template.

I see from the screenshot you posted that you have a new idea for a set of templates. how would you do the Blu-ray cases, the CD cases, the discs? Would you like to submit your template ideas for evaluation?

Anyway, I hope this answers you question and I hope to see more of your stuff!

;)
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/
squall234

Post by squall234 »

PieMonster wrote:Hey @squall234, great to have you here! There are so many talented VGBox Art guys and gals and I love it when you post your covers here too!

So, regarding the templates, our goal here is to create a uniform/professional look with our covers. You can go to our templates page and download a number of different templates from which to create your covers. If you don't want to use any of our current templates you can create your own and submit it to me - piemonster@steamgamecovers.com -. I'll evaluate it, and if approved, it will be added to the template page. unfortunately, you cannot submit a cover using a custom template.

I see from the screenshot you posted that you have a new idea for a set of templates. how would you do the Blu-ray cases, the CD cases, the discs? Would you like to submit your template ideas for evaluation?

Anyway, I hope this answers you question and I hope to see more of your stuff!

;)

Hello PieMonster,

Thank you for your quick reply, which answers most of my questions. The only thing I want to clarify is if I submit my template for evaluation, that it HAS to be sent on the template section of the site; as of right now the template isn't ready for other users.

If that's the case, I will need to do some thinking on posting here for now.
Cheers!
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Post by PieMonster »

Hi @squall234,

Yes, your template must be on our template page before you can start submitting covers with it.

My advice for now is to just start creating some covers using the templates we currently have now. Get a feel for the site. While you're doing that you can work on your custom templates at your own pace and submit them to me when they're ready; no rush. When your templates are up (if they're approved) then you can reupload all the covers you made with your new templates. We don't have any limits as to how many covers you can upload. Some people may prefer covers using different templates. Hope this helps.

:geek:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/