Template Changes - May 2012

Help and support for website issues.
PieMonster
SGC Admin

Template Changes - May 2012

Post by PieMonster »

I just wanted to highlight some of the important changes in the new templates (May 2012).

1. First and foremost, all of the templates have been recreated from scratch in Adobe Illustrator (as opposed to Adobe Photoshop in the previous ones). The benefit to this is that everything is crisper and sharper than in the previous templates.

2. Next, all of the templates have been merged and recompressed for easier use.

- The .psd (Photoshop) templates have been reduced down to 2 layers (as opposed to 10 or more layers in groups in the previous ones) - "template-DO NOT EDIT" and "guides-DELETE ME". Either layer can be turned on or off and offer different views when creating your cover. When your cover is complete simply click off the "guides" layer and save as a .jpg or .png.

- The .jpg and .png (any editing program) templates are still 1 layer (of course) but the guideline have been edited for easier deletion after creating your cover. Simply marquee select the guides and "delete" them.

3. Finally, the "STEAM BACKUP DISC" logo and colors remain the same as before however the "PC-CD/DVD" logo on the top right of the case templates have been removed. Steam now supports games on the MAC. I would have to take this into consideration and release 5 additional templates for each .zip file. This would only to lead to more confusion especially for those who use the .jpg and .png templates. It was better to remove it altogether rather than to make it work.

New things are always in the works. Please check these forums regularly for the latest info.
:roll:
FREE disc and case art for STEAM games: http://www.steamgamecovers.com/